Education is a process of training, learning and impacting knowledge in a person. It is learning and teaching in order to impact knowledge and develop certain skills in a person. A place where learning and teaching take place is the institution of learning. Education aims to modify and improve on the ability of a person for more development.
FORMS OF EDUCATION
1) Informal Education: It is the teaching and learning that does not involve an aspect or professional personnel. It is training and knowledge acquired within the family set up and the society of a person. Informal education does not have a planned programme or curriculum e.g. training from family, friends/peer group and the society or environment.
2) Formal Education: It is also called western education. It is a teaching that takes place in an institution that has a well planned syllabus and professional personnel to handle the teaching procedure. Formal education has levels and at the tenure end of learning the person is given certificate of completion.
Social change is the various organization in the society that brings improvement into the society. Social changes are the various developments, advancements and improvements that come into the society as a result of gaining more knowledge and influence of foreigner and other western ideas. It includes reform about the way of people in the society through contact with new ideas and education.
IMPACT OF EDUCATION ON NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
1) Education helps the general and economic development of a nation through foreign innovation.
2) It encourages the use of western education to develop the skills of the people which result to improvement in production of goods and services.
3) Education helps to introduce and improve on the work of science and technology which in turn affect the health facility of the nation.
4) Education aids the improvement of the governance of the nation through effective leadership skills.
5) Education helps to improve the social life of the people through innovation and introduction of transport and communication facilities.
THE ROLE OF EDUCATION ON SOCIAL CHANGE IN GHANA
1) Education in Ghana has played a remarkable social change with the establishment of educational institutions. Many Ghanaian life has improved on the higher side.
2) Education helps to improve the standard of living of the people.
3) It helps to encourage international relationship with other countries of the world which improves the economy.
4) Education helps in the development and improvement in production of goods and services in the country through the establishment of companies and industries.
5) It helps in the development of scientific research works which improves the level of modern health facilities in the country.