The following are basic operation on computer;
1) FILE: This is a menu that provides storage and retrieval of typed document i.e. open, new, save etc.
2) DELETE: It makes available the removal of unwanted document or typed files.
3) RETRIEVE: It makes available for the recovery of a lost or typed document.
4) INSERT: It performs the function of putting chart or any object into a typed document or files.
5) COPY: It is used to duplicate or coy item or document from one place to another.
6) VIEW: It makes possible to see a lot of document typed at a glance.
7) UPDATE: It makes information available to the users based on the environment one is operating on and much other information.
8) OPEN: It makes a saved information or document to open.
9) CLOSE: It makes one quit or exit a particular environment.
EFFECT OF FILE INSECURITY
i) It makes data to be lost.
ii) It makes data to be corrupted.
iii) It makes data or document to be unreliable.
CAUSES OF DATA LOSS
i) Over-writing: Over-writing is the replacement of one data by another one.
ii) Inadvertent: This refers to unintentional deletion of data or document.
METHOD OF FILE SECURITY
i) Use of back-up to be able to retrieve the data back when lost such as external storage drive, online storage Microsoft OneDrive, Google Drive etc. .
ii) Use of antivirus to prevent virus from invading the stored document.
iii) Password to prevent unauthorized access to document stored.
iv) Proper labeling of the document as to show important nature of the document and differentiation from one another.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN COMPUTER FILES AND MANUAL FILE
i) The computer provide both mechanical and electrical storage of the document while manual file provide physical storage for document.
ii) The manual file can be destroyed by evasion or physical contact of water while computer is not.
iii) The manual file involves frequent effort of man while computer needs to perform opening, saving, retrieving of files.
ADVANTAGES OF COMPUTER FILES
i) It is more secure than that of manual file
ii) It is faster to access.
iii) It economies space when compared with physical filing.
DISADVANTAGES OF COMPUTER FILES
i) It is more expensive when compared with other filing system in terms of setting up.
ii) It is affected by irregular supply of electricity.
iii) It is affected by virus if not protected.