Booting is a basic computer operation.
BOOTING: Booting is the process of switching on the computer system for the day task. We have two types of booting namely cold booting and warm booting.
* COLD BOOTING: This is the switching on the computer i.e. starting up the computer with the switch. Immediately the computer is on it will boot on a self-test called POST (Power on Self-Test). This is to check the correct connection of the computer part such as the keyboard, monitor etc. If any of these parts are not well connected, it will complain and show an error message on the screen (monitor).
STEPS IN COLD BOOTING
1) Connect your computer power cable to the power supply
2) Switch on the power supply from the main switch
3) Press the power button on the system unit
4) Press the power button on the monitor (VDU) it will display a light meaning it is ready for operation.
* WARM BOOTING
Warm booting is the rebooting of the computer with the use of keys i.e. Control plus Alternate plus Delete keys. (Ctrl + Alt + Del) it is often used as an emergency.
* Hold down the control and the Alt key at the same time.
* Press the delete key.
* Release your fingers from the keyboard
Shutting down a computer is putting off the task of the day on the computer system.
* Locate the Start button
* Click on it
* Click on Shut Down on the new environment
* The computer will Shut Down automatically